If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

.









Scotty's-on-12-15-14--Point-Breeze








Same in 7/11/13. Two old guys:

"How is it going over there?"

"I'm not illin', I'm chillin'."

"I like that. My man!"

A block and a half from Scotty's, I met a homeless guy sitting against a fence and wrapped in a ragged comforter. He said he was an artist, which he elaborated as being an R&B and rap singer. He never sang in a public venue, but during a performance at a house party, a bullet hit him in the face and took out a piece of his nasal bone.

"You look fine," I said after looking closely at his face. "I don't see anything."

"The doctors did a good job."

"Was the shooter aiming at you?"

"It's complicated. Someone had his penis punctured and so it had to happen that way."

"I don't understand. What are you talking about?"

"I'm not gay, I like women, but someone had his penis punctured. It's about integrity."

"That's all you have."

"Correct, and once it's lost, you're gone!"

"You can get it back."

"No, you can't."

"Life is long, dude, you can lose all kinds of shit, so if you lose your integrity, you can get it back."

"No, you can't."

"I still don't understand if you were shot at intentionally or not."

"There was a lot of electricity in the air. It came through the television."

Divane was his name and he was 24. He said he had also been a basketball player.



.

No comments: